Monday, October 21, 2013

Bonner's Journal-Day 44. Using make-up again

Day 44. 35th day of rehab

Hannah had a small victory today. She was able to apply some makeup today, and brush her own teeth with the assistance of a flat board for her to lean her elbows on! Seems like a small thing to those of us who have full mobility...but to someone coming out of a month of paralysis, this is a MAJOR accomplishment.

Today's therapy was all balance and core stability work. Being a full time "personal trainer" for my football team has given me a level of respect for my precious bride. She is really working hard. I know how hard this must be for her.

Once, when she was in the kneeling lunge position she felt overwhelmed...being that her body was sending mixed messages... and she had a few small panic attacks...but I'm proud of her!

No comments:

Post a Comment