Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Bonner's Journal-Day 40. A week of fasting

Thurs 23. Day 40. 31 days of rehab. 7th day of my fast.

Over the past month of rehab I have seen numerous patients come into this rehabilitation facility... and then leave. My heart has ached for their pain and suffering as I have watched them struggle to regain their lives back, just like Hannah. I have observed their fight , and have been silently  engaged as their cheerleader ...at moments I've been absolutely filled with compassion.

What would be a normally frustrating fact , that we are not yet seeing full healing as we expect each morning, has been a hidden blessing. We haven't gone home  yet, but so many around us have....it has played games in my mind. 

Patience Bonner ! Let patience have its perfect work, so that I may be complete, lacking nothing.
This "live in" therapy is a grind, but a necessity for her future wellness. Intensive training , all day, 6 days a week. God is obviously  on a different timeline. He is Lord of the harvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment