Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Bonner's Journal-Day 24. A Tiger dies

February 7, Day 24

I know who my strength is. 
Lord, you are my solid place! 
I lean completely on You Jesus. 

After getting Hannah prepared for the day I got Lilly from great grandmas and went to my moms. I spent the day with the kids and my brother burning brush on the property. Fresh air! I needed it. Many tough decisions ahead.

I called LHS and prepared to meet my football team on Friday and announce my resignation. This is a tough decision to move on, but I am capable. I know that this transition is the right thing to do.

I love those boys and I have given a part of my life to lead them in life, but I must keep my priorities lined up. There is no way that I can keep care of my wife in the hospital, be a father to my hurting children, commute two hours a day, teach 300 students in PE and run a football program with 150 athletes. To attempt to do so would be foolish. I owe it to my team to allow someone else to step in and give them 100%. I owe it to them to give up our dream, because I can't help them get there right now...and they need me right now, not later. I have tried to hold on to it, trying to make it all work out in my mind, but I have to let it go. I am dying again.


I know that my teaching position is tied to my coaching position...which will automatically end my employment. This is a step of faith financially. Where will my paychecks come from? Will I continue in my passion as a head coach? Did I lose all that time that I put into my athletes? 


The answers are in Him.
A great student supports me after we lost the Milk can bowl

No comments:

Post a Comment