Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bonner's Journal-Day 6. She will sing again

Friday, January 20. Day 6 
She will sing again


After we received the right nursing staff things improved greatly. Peace was restored to her room, and Hannah began to show signs of recovery from her surgery. I really noticed the effects of the medication that "put her under". She was no where near her normal self. This bothered me, but having been through surgery on my knee I understood the haze that she was feeling. I pray that she recovers from the general anesthesia much quicker than I did...it took me over a year to feel normal again.


Her greatest challenge after the surgery was swallowing and talking. The neurosurgery staff gave their disclosures before the surgery that Hannah might not ever sing because the procedure involved a anterior (from the front) entry to her cervical vertebrae. Their methods involved drastically pulling her trachea, blood vessels and vocal nerves to the side so that they could work directly on the spinal cord.  

When Hannah heard them say that she might not ever sing again , she cried... 
But then a look of strength came over her and she declared that she would not be kept from her greatest joy, which is praising her Lord!




No comments:

Post a Comment