Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bonner's Journal-Day 7. Leaving ICU

Saturday, January 21. Day 7
Leaving the ICU

The report of the doctor would soon agree with what God had declared over Hannah....


Saturday at 11:00 a.m. Hannah's neurosurgeon came in through the door of her room and instantly I noticed that something was different. Being that I had been fasting and spending much time in the presence of God, I felt that I had an increased sensitivity to the spiritual atmosphere around the people who we were encountering on a daily basis. In this case I sensed a strong force of faith on him. It is hard to explain but I felt his confidence.


He came boldly to Hannah's right side, which had not moved since her injury & surgery, and commanded her to move her right hand. Yes, he commanded her body to move! For a second I thought that he was a believer in the power of Jesus' name to heal, as Hannah and I are, but then I realized that he had faith in his own effectiveness through surgery. Either way I perceived his great faith...and she opened and closed her right hand, and then proceeded to move her right elbow!

He then said, "you are going to have FULL RECOVERY, all neuro-pathways are intact and working."


Thank you Lord! 
The prophetic word that God had given to us on the first night, before I even knew if she was alive or dead, was repeated to us by our surgeon.
The word that sustained me for a week, when my wife's body was limp, was spoken again.
The exact phrase that was chosen by God for our entire body of believers to declare in prayer, was repeated by her doctor.
The doctor could have used any number of phrases at that moment...but as scripture says "the answer of the tongue is from the Lord."


Oh, the overwhelming joy that I felt at that moment! 


After the doctors closely monitored her progress for two days we left the Intensive Care Unit at 8:00 p.m. and were relocated on the 9th floor neurostepdown unit. Hannah was no longer considered unstable by the medical staff which allowed her to enter a less restrictive care unit. 






No comments:

Post a Comment